Tuesday, March 19, 2013

{St. Patty's Day}

Some may wonder what I have been up to lately. Of course having a child and a full-time job is not terribly conducive with a blog post a day, but I will catch you up and try to post more.  I love nights that I am able to blog.  It makes me happy :-).  A way to share what's going on and things we're doing with friends and family.

Landon Thomas {he knows his name now, and knows that when he hears 'Landon Thomas', he probably should stop what he's doing} is now 8 months old an is getting to be a very big boy.  I swear he gets more fun every day and has quite the personality now, which we LOVE!!

Our St. Patty's Day was super fun and {my all-time favorite word} FESTIVE!  I'm sure my husband is sick of hearing it, but he loves me so he deals with it.  We woke up, went to church, in our green, of course! Then when we got home I put a little food coloring in our milk with some festive straws and we had some lucky charms.


Every time I eat these, or buy them, or look at the box really, I am required to proclaim "Everyone's after me Lucky Charms!" They're super delicious, and I think of them every year around St. Pat's Day.  Nom. Landon got his first taste of real sweetness when he ate a couple Lucky Charms marshmallows.




His face was priceless, his famous Charlie Brown smile lit up our morning! Mike and I got a good chuckle.

Later that afternoon, I made some cupcakes and came up with the GENIUS idea to put the frosting in a ziploc, cut the corner and squeeze it out so it looked a little nicer.  It worked so well!


My ziploc bag frosting bag.  Not too shabby!



Action pic!


Having a child makes the holidays so much more fun.  Now they are not only about us and our families, they are about this little human who knows nothing of the holidays...YET! We want to make every special event just that.  A special event.  I want him to have memories that he can tell his children about and do with his children.  I want him to eventually be as excited for these holidays as we are.  My husband said, "I have never seen you so excited about St. Patrick's Day." I definitely was, and I thought it was absolutely perfect.  We didn't end up going to the parade because of the nasty weather, but it was still a fun day.


Green family



I do have a post planned about Landon's Easter basket and things chosen to go in it! Exciting stuff people! I can't wait for Easter!

I'm also planning on a cute chalkboard for easter/spring and my hubby asked me to do one really soon for opening day for the Royals.  So if it turns out well, I'll post it! If not, I won't. I have all these ideas stirring around in my head and not enough time to do them all! 


We'll leave on this note...a cute baby booty in a cute little outfit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment