Saturday, July 11, 2015

{afraid of the dark}

I'll admit with wall as smooth as butter, I am struggling with even hanging things in our new home.  We have been here for almost 10 months now and I still have NOTHING hanging on the walls downstairs.  By nothing, I literally mean, a mirror. That is all. Please believe me.


I have been seeing pictures of black walls before, but never thought I was daring enough to go that, what's the word? Dramatic. I'd say so.  This wall in our kitchen is begging to be painted.


Ask and ye shall receive, sweet repose gray colored wall.  I am still not 100% sure this is the right thing to do.  The worst that could happen is that we hate it and then, we paint the wall back to the color it was.

Here are the contenders for the job: Benjamin Moore Onyx, Nightfall, Wrought Iron.  In testing some of the colors out on the BM website, Nightfall was my favorite. 

I have a vision and I think my husband has his doubts. I already have the print I want on the wall taped up with blue painters tape to see if I can get used to it or not. The answer is a resounding YES!



 I created this print myself. I think I can provide a printable if anyone is interested in printing it out! I printed it in a size 16 x 20 and pixelated it correctly so the print was crisp. I had it printed at Office Max and it's just on a flimsy white paper, because I figure I have it on my computer  if I need to print it again. I think it was like $1.40 or something. 

Next order of business? Bulldog clips. I mean are these almost extinct or something? I looked at Office Max, Michaels, Target. No one carries these. I finally ended up ordering online. Should be here any day and in it's first minutes of life here at our house, it will be undergoing a dramatic transformation from silver to gold. Gold on a black wall? What could be better? 

Of course the fiddle leaf will stay and I'm on the wait list for a Stendig calander for 2016! I'm thinking this wall may be the perfect home for it! This photo is from Crate & Barrel but I pre-ordered from the Stendig calendar website. 




I can't wait to show you all the finished product! 



No comments:

Post a Comment