Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Blast From the Past


Cozy little nook in our home...
MMMMmmm...I'm having a glass of red vino and blogging. Does it get any better? Oh wait, yes it does. Not by much though! I just love DIY projects, so I thought I would show you some of my past projects to pique your interest. I really haven't done anything EARTH-SHATTERING lately, but as you can see from my last post, I have a lot planned! YEAH!
We leave for vacation soon, (ATTN: CRIMINALS, if you're thinking of breaking in to our house, THINK AGAIN! We have a house-sitter with a mean dog, observant neighbors, and a nasty alarm that'll sound, you won't be successful) and I won't be able to post for a while. Don't be alarmed when I don't have a post for a while, I'm just enjoying a fruity drink in my hand, beautiful weather, a daily hike in the mountains, and total relaxationwonderful vacation.
These pics are VERY low quality, they were taken on my iphone. Enough with the small talk (haha), let's get to what you really come to see the pictures...drumroll puhleaze!
I made these "His" and "Hers" pillows with $5 standard pillow cases from BigLots and iron on transfer paper. Ta-da! L.O.V.E! Ahh our room gets so much natural light and I really like it.
You know I made a book wreath...or two via Cowboy Phraseology
My book wreath in action. I traced all the letters/ painted that subway art all by myself. It's still not hanging where I planned for it to. It's in the shabby chic guest room. Leaning up against the wall. Soon, my friends, soon. (Disclaimer: This is not a recent photo, as much as I love fall, I would not keep the fall decorations up year-round. Come on now!

Recent Project Alert! On my quest to try and rid our house of that terrible oak disease (What, you haven't heard of it?), I thought some Minwax would be the perfect medicine...Before


After, ugh, I need a better camera than this stinkin' phone!


This was one of my little thrift store purchases last year. This poor, poor girl had nothing to put on her big front door, until...

(Bad lighting or camera or both) I spray painted it Heirloom White and added some greenery from HobLob...swoon
Then, I did a homemade mirror for our bathroom. I still have 2 more bathrooms to do this to. SO sososo easy!
We, and by "we" I mean Mr. HubbyMan, miter cut the wood by ourselves with our huge miter saw. This is the final product. I like, I like, and I still like!
This uglybeauty was in my brother's room at my mama's house. I took it upon myself to redo/reclaim it.
Sorry Johnny Boy, but it's WAY happier and prettier now. You're forever welcome, little nightstand. (She looks so happy now right?)

I hope you enjoyed. Ciao, friends! I'm off to pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment