Sunday, January 22, 2012

{16 weeks and a little nursery inspiration board}

Today has been a day of great organization in this household.  I know nesting typically happens towards the end, but I always feel as if I'm in a constant state of "nesting". We have an old vintage chest in the office that was sort of a throw space for random papers/mail! I was looking for our taxes from last year a couple of days ago and decided this would be the weekend that I would organize that.  After breakfast this morning, off to Staples we went with a list of items needed to make this into our organized filing cabinet.  So that was the big project of the day today =) 

Next up, sub-basement. But that's Mike's job.....and he's actually excited about it! I love getting organized!! 

 I am also trying to get all my crazy nursery ideas under wraps, so I thought I'd make a nursery inspiration board to help me out a bit...  Only 4 more weeks until we know what our little peanut is. We.Can.Not.Wait! These are some things that I have/want/will buy/make in the near future for Baby Bozarth's room =) We got rid of our bed and mattress and dresser that were in there waiting to be redone. I said "Ha, those will never get redone now, not with baby on the way and they take up way too much space" soooo Bulky item pick-up came Wed. morning and happily took them from us.  Well our neighbor took our bed.... We are going to make the office a guest bedroom, because we actually have overnight guests quite often, and move Mike's "office" that never gets used downstairs into the man cave.  

Here is a little inspiration board I made on Pinterest.  You will notice it is VERY gender neutral, that's why it's ok to buy stuff now because it will work for little Jack or Jane Bozarth. {PS Those are not our chosen names...you will have to wait another 5 months for that.....


We already own the oversized safety pin {I have loved this for YEARS for my future child's nursery from Ballard designs} but I saw one at Hobby Lobby on clearance for $10!! My mom and I both bought one {she is doing a nursery at her house, too!} Also, I have been in love with that rug too! The Le Poeme rug from Ballard.  Such a precious little object. I copied this from the Ballard website: 

The elegant poem rug design was created with words from famed 17th century French fabulist, Jean de La Fontaine. La Cigale et La Fourmi tells the story of an industrious ant, a carefree cricket and the end of summer. Inspired by the fables of Aesop, La Fontaine wrote volumes of simple poems using animals to teach real life lessons. 

Now tell me that isn't the cutest for a little baby's room? And what a great conversation/statement piece too! I just love it!

We also already have a little linen canopy that is a creamy off-white color for over the crib that I didn't put on my inspiration board.  As far as nursery goes, that's what we have.  Oh and we have some Mary Carol paint from Nell Hill's in Winter Wheat.  Such a pretty neutral!

If you're a Fbook friend you may have already seen this picture....  Calvin has finally discovered  something strange is going on around here.....he walked into the nursery Saturday morning and was like "WTH?"



IN OTHER NEWS:

I got a message on Facebook the other day from a really sweet person that we went to high school with.  She is a new photographer and is trying to build her portfolio, so she offered to take some maternity pictures in the spring.  We honestly were not going to do maternity pictures, because sometimes I feel like they just are more about your belly than baby, which who cares about my belly besides us, and I already chronicle it on here....... but I said to her "Hey, if they're free, what do we have to lose!? Since we have taken pictures in Weston before, she suggested and I was more than down! We can take some sassy belly pics and then go and eat at Vinyards! Yum! I just love that her pictures aren't staged, they are so natural.  I'm excited! 

The important pictures {to us at least are once the baby is here}.  So I asked her to come and take Baby Bozarth's newborn pictures here at the house in July.  We have some great natural lighting in the nursery and she said that that's important, I just love those lifestyle shoots that show you in your comfort zone :  HOME
Thank you Ashley Welliver-McGinnis!! Go see the work she's done so far!


On to the 16 week photos!!



How far along? 16 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: same as last week. I think. We'll see Thursday!
Maternity clothes? mostly leggings when I can.  The ones I have on are sooo comfortable!
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep: Like a baby
Best moment this week: Not feeling as sick, more energy! 
Miss Anything? Wine and beer, I just smell it....
Movement: Good question, I can't be so sure yet....
Food cravings: Guac! Apples, almonds
Anything making you queasy or sick: meat, I'm still so weird about it.  I did have BBQ ribs last night made by my BFF Court, they were yum!
Gender: I am really starting to feel girl in my heart, I don't know if it's because everyone keeps telling me they think it's a girl or what? But people are actually calling her princess at work. 
Labor Signs: NO!
Symptoms: not as many.  I still am slightly tired but have way more energy than I did a couple weeks ago. Oh and HEADACHES are the latest trend.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on, I actually got it inspected and cleaned up and everything today, it looks so sparkly! =)
Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY!
Looking forward to: Thursday 16 week Dr. Appt.! & scheduling our 20 week appointment!!! Yay, it's so hard to believe we are only 4 weeks away from being halfway! Wow!


No comments:

Post a Comment