Sunday, July 1, 2012

{39 weeks}




How far along? 39 weeks! One week {hopefully less} to go.  The nurse said they will not let me go past 41 weeks to which I told her I want to try not to be induced if we can at all help it until after 40 weeks, just because I feel like I'm pulling him from there and he's not ready.  I've also heard horror stories about people getting induced and they just have a really tough labor. Especially when not dilated - like me.  We go into the doctor tomorrow and will see if any progress, but I'm still thinking that it will happen all at once.  I'm going to be the one that doesn't dilate until my contractions start or water breaks. 
Total weight gain/loss: I weighed in at 143 this past week. Gaining right on track - whew!
Maternity clothes? Not really, just mainly dresses, leggings and tank tops. 

Stretch marks? no!! And I've almost made it so I'm praying for none!
Sleep: Some - the other day I slept in until 6:30! What?! Yes that's sleeping in now for me. My pregnancy pillow helps like I said last week and Mike steals it once I get up every morning {that guy and pillows...I swear} but I tell him every time I switch sides it feels like I'm wrestling an alligator.  He has to laugh.  I mean it is a pretty funny thought.....
Best moment this week:  Brunch with my friends Kasey and Courtney at the Classic Cup! Yummy!! Kasey and I ordered the dutch babies and we all got iced caramel lattes. It was deleicioso!  If you ever get a chance, you MUST go there for brunch.  I had never been! Possibly my new favorite place and it was nice to have some girl time/girl talk before baby comes.





Miss Anything? Nope - just missing my baby.  I want him here!
Movement: Some, not as much! He's definitely out of room.
Food cravings: Grilled cheese, carbs, sweets, grape juice, grape gatorade, grapes!
Anything making you queasy or sick: some meat, nothing else really
Gender: Boy =) my baby boy =)
Labor Signs: Some cramping here and there other than that I think he's pretty warm & cozy in there.

Symptoms: Back pain, acid reflux, waddle, I have also been having a complete episode for the past 2 weeks of nesting. Last night, I cleaned and scrubbed the kitchen, out house is literally *SPOTLESS* and everything has  a place.  This morning I woke up and cleaned our shower, the microwave, stove and dishwasher.....all before 9 am! I think I'm scaring my husband.  Then we went on a walk to try to induce labor! I also have had on and off swelling feet, hands and face (it is seriously HOT outside!! 108 degrees last week one day! What?!!! And I'm thinking being due at the beginning of July - eh it won't be that bad....

Thanks Laura Couch for posting this on Facebook - my thoughts EXACTLY!
& of course Mike and I both are dealing with constant impatience, I have to keep telling myself, he's not ready, he wants to cook a little longer and that perfection takes a bit longer......... ;)
Belly Button in or out? OUT! Way out!
Wedding rings on or off? off - Still wearing my promise ring, which if I can get it off is coming off today and staying off.  My fingers don't look swollen to anyone else but I can tell they are because my rings don't fit!!  It's weird that it fit still and my wedding set didn't but now it's getting a bit tight.  I think it's because the wedding set is really thick and my ring from HS is skinny.
Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY and excited! Two nights ago {and last night} he was going crazy in my belly Mike and I were cracking up and Mike says, "He's trying to punch his way out" then moves down to my belly and says, "If you want to come out buddy we're ready for you, all you have to do is move down the birth canal.... BIRTH CANAL ON 3! 1, 2, 3, BIRTH CANAL!" To that he kicked Mike's nose....a little stubborn, maybe?
Looking forward to: Doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon, 4th of July on Wednesday and meeting our little firecracker. Obviously the latter we are the MOST excited for :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment