Friday, August 23, 2013

{Favorites Friday}

I'm going to start doing a favorites Friday. All the things that I think of through the week that I like. Sounds fun, right? This on my quest to blog weekly! 

1. That pumpkin spice lattes are officially BACK at Starbucks! Or Starmoney as my friend Courtney and I refer to it. I do have to say though, ever since about 2 years ago, my favorite drink at SB is a caramel apple spice in the fall! It's steamed apple cider. And is served year round, but isn't always on the menu-you've got to ask for it! 


2. Pat at Children's Mercy. I think maybe Pat should be at number 1 this week! Our Landon has been super sick this week. Monday I left work early to stay with him. Tuesday and Wednesday he started to get better. Thursday he took a turn, and Mike ended up staying home with him that day and took him to the doc. Ear Infection. Ugh. Thanks for blessing us with your presence. I thought we would never meet....so Thursday, he's sleeping in our bed and wakes up at about 11:30. Hot. Sweaty, trembling, hot and red. I panicked, and immediately took his temp. 104. Yikes! I stripped him down gave him cold milk and a cool cloth. Mike and I both had our shoes on when we gave Landon some Tylenol, and then I got a call from Pat {all hail Pat from Children's Mercy} who was our saving grace that night. Totally calmed me down and gave me some great tips and encouragement that this is/would be fine even though it was scary. So awesome! By the time I got off the phone with her Landon was laughing with Calvin and Mike in the bedroom and I felt much better. So scary the first time your little baby gets a fever that high, but with people like Pat in the world the bad is not so bad. I'm drinking a glass of wine for you right now, Pat. Well, now that this one is about you, we'll just say I'm drinking it for you... Bottoms up! 


3. Halloween PJs! Ok I love PJs, jams, jammies, pajamas. Whatever you call them, I love them! I bought Landon these two sets of jams for Halloween. I can't get enough of festive PJs lately {or a cute diaper tush in a 2 piece jammie set} I'm sure there will be plenty of festive jams for Christmas too...just like there was last year. 


4. Target Cartwheel App - money saver. I literally feel like I could hit target at least every other night! It's basically on my way home, so if we need milk, bread, anything. I just quick stop there before I go home. I already have a Target RedCard. NOT a credit card {we are proud to say, we have not one credit card}but its linked to your debit card and gives you 5% off every time. Score! The cartwheel app lets you add items that you want to buy as deals in your "cart" then when you go to Target, they just scan your barcode and all the discounts are applied! It's free & there is no reason not to use it :) Go forth! 


5. Victoria's Secret. Kind of. So we are headed to Florida at the end of this week.  And I always buy bottoms of swimsuits, but mostly dispise matchy matchy swimwear. I would rather buy the bottoms and find a top to match it in a solid color. So I bought a couple cute swimsuits overseas in Scotland. One is matchy but super cute, and the other is just a high waist navy suit with white polka dots. So I just needed to find a white swimsuit top to go with it. Not.So.Fast.Girlfriend. I waited way to long to go shopping for a white bikini top. Ugh! So I go into Victoria's Secret. Nothing. Not a scrap of swimsuit in that place. I contemplated buying a bra top. No I really didn't, but now that I'm thinking about it I should have. I had to order online on the VS website. It said it would arrive on 8/29. That's basically when we leave. So when it appeared in my mailbox today, I was super stoked! Victoria's Secret FTW {for the win}


Enjoy your week, see you next Friday from an airport probably :)

No comments:

Post a Comment