Tuesday, November 5, 2013

{weekend recap}

**Edited to Add** After I finished this post, Landon got pukey sick 3 times all over our bed and 2 sets of sheets 2 seperate times, all over the books and dresser in his room and all over himself and Mike....so maybe our weekend wasn't all fun :-( He's better now, we think he just caught a 24 hr. bug. **

Another busy Bozarth weekend! On Friday, we were all tired from a long busy week at work {and daycare} so Mike and I just relaxed on the couch with some wine while I picked out some Christmas gifts for Landon in the PB Kids catalog. We had pesto pasta with tomatoes and mozzarella balls then watched Landon destroy our living room. Part of the reason we need a little bigger house...

Saturday, it was up and at 'em! First, breakfast, and you better believe the Christmas jams were busted out! Don't worry, there's more where that came from. I have a new obsession with footie jams. I had been buying 2 pieces lately, but these ones are footie & they are so cute on!

Speaking of pajamas: I saw the cutest idea on Pinterest that we will be doing this year  - give your child a present with Christmas pajamas and a movie and some fun snacks for them to open on Christmas Eve every year as a family tradition. How fun! I also have visions of a hot cocoa bar on Christmas Eve! Can't wait!


November 1 = Holiday season to me. Holiday season = officially acceptable to wear Christmas jams, play Christmas jams, and of course decorate for Christmas. I'm not allowed to {hubby says only the week of Thanksgiving}, but I don't look down to anyone that does... Holidays are my jam.

By 9am we already had my car's oil changed and a tire rotation and the grocery shopping for the week done!  I very much dislike running errands during the day on Saturdays, or Sundays because I feel like I have wasted my day doing that so I'm always one to get it out of the way early rather than later. 

Saturday night, Landon and I stayed home while Mike went to a work friends birthday party. I wasn't feeling great and wanted to stay home with my boy. We watched the Grinch Who Stole Christmas and snuggled and shared a bowl of my microwave Mac & Cheese. It's amazing how much fun you can have by not doing anything at all. 


Sunday morning started with some snuggling in bed with our little munchkin and his banana. When we want to stay in bed and snuggle we let him have his morning nana in bed. It's a hot mess normally and that day was no exception. Then we made a breakfast that looked a little something like this. 


Whipped cream is amazing, in case you didn't know. I keep ours in the freezer and use it on just about everything. Coffee. Ice cream. Pancakes. On a spoon...by itself. 

After that was church and Landon was so good. Funny story from church: he was perfect and then at the end he started getting a bit fussy and tired. My mother-in-law {we go to church with them on Sundays} took him to try and calm him so we didn't have to leave the congregation that close to the end of the service. There was an older man sitting next to her and apparently he had some effect on Landon. He stood there next to my mother-in-law and the man in silence looking down for the last 10-15 minutes of church. He even had his hands clasp like he was praying. We were laughing so hard that we were crying. At one point Landon made eye contact with Mike and I but did not move his head up, just his eyes. I mean, hysterical.

I have a tip mommies and daddies that take their children to church. Our church doesn't have a cry room and the children need to be a little older for Sunday school. If they are fussy, DON'T take them out and put them down! We used to let him run around in the back of the church {you can still hear everything and see, but there is glass separating the area} When a child screams typically their parent takes them to the back. Finally, we figured out that he would start crying and then would get rewarded by being able to go to the back and run around. Not anymore. If he cries, we're holding him. He doesn't get a reward for screaming in church. I have noticed a difference in his behavior, too! 

Once we got home from church Landon napped, and I put some chili in the crockpot to eat for dinner after the Chiefs game. This is the recipe I use and I typically will use Italian or some special bread instead of crackers. So much better in my opinion! 

Fall Chili Recipe

1 lb ground beef (cooked & drained)
1 can tomato soup
1/2 empty can of water (from soup can)
1 can chili beans
1 can diced tomatoes 
1 pkg chili seasoning

Cook on low 3-4 hrs

Serve with lots of cheese and sour cream and some yummy bread and you've got yourself a meal your belly will love you for!

Perfect recipe for me: few ingredients and not much work :) I like.

Landon got to play with his friend Graham during the game. Win-win-win. Landon, us and of course the CHIEFS! 9-0! Woo!



Then we went on a very fallish walk, ate some Chili and watched October Sky and some more football. We were in bed at 7 due to Daylight Savings throwing us for a loop! Look at that precious baby face. I could just eat him up {I love him so}! - Where The Wild Things Are referral :)


I hope you all had a fun weekend too & that you're getting excited for all the fun to come in the next couple of months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment