Saturday, December 28, 2013

{christmas 2013 recap}

I'm going to try and keep this as short as I can.  I took tons of pics {are you surprised?} but will choose only my favs :)

Christmas actually started for us last Sunday, when we celebrated Christmas at my dad's.  They always go above and beyond for Christmas.  They gave each of us $100 to spend where we want and we have to take a picture of it to send to them once it's spent.  And no Christmas over there is complete without lots of KU/MU gifts and scratch off lotto tix.....


On Christmas Eve, I set up an impromptu Hot Cocoa bar, with stuff we alreayd had {you know we always have graham crackers and marshmallows for s'mores}.  I thought it would be a fun and festive way to kick off the holiday and warm ourselves throughout the day.  I wanted it to last through Christmas day, but it did not.  Too much yum.  Of course, Landon had some and pointed to what he wanted, graham crackers...oh weird.


We lounged around a bit and let Landon play with his mini-choo choo before heading over to my mom's for the next celebration. 


My mom always does a great job decorating for the holidays! This Christmas was no exception.  I mean look at the Christmas table! Out of a magazine, seriously! If you're wondering what was in those presents, it was personalized mugs for our hot buttered rum!


My mom surprised Landon and us with this crazy cool Restoration Hardware tent.  She will be keeping it at her house until we move, and have room for it, but I love it so much & Landon took a minute to warm up to the idea, but he seems to love it too! We put some twinkle lights from RH on there too - so sweet!


We didn't go to sleep until 11 pm that night! We were zonked! But the next morning it was up and at 'em for our 3rd Christmas.  We did get some immediate family time after Landon woke up, he LOVED his choo choo! This is a quick video Mike snapped on Christmas morning - sorry about the quality, he used his iPhone 5 and it never shows up videos well on my 4:




Mike's dad and brother came over that morning for a few hours and we had some yummy cinnamon rolls & opened gifts with them.  It was a nice relaxing morning at home.


The 4th Christmas celebration was at my in-laws house.  Luckily, everyone lives so close, so there really isn't too much running around. This is definitely the loudest Christmas, Landon has 13 cousins at this one.  Never a dull moment! But it is a joyful noise at least! We snapped a quick family selfie before we left, which is actually becoming quite the tradition on Christmas...


I loved my outfit on Christmas, and didn't get a better pic of it.  Darn! This one is a little more clear, wish I could figure out how to do that belt thing I did again. And yes, we were snapping selfies while Mike was loading presents into the car....


Then the craziness began....




Of course after all that fun, it was time for a nap......zzzzzzZZZZZ


And once we got home, some twice baked spaghetti and hot buttered rum for the adults!


 Cheers to another Christmas!  I hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas too, and that the excitement of the holidays continues in the new year!




No comments:

Post a Comment