Monday, May 5, 2014

{20 weeks & a gender reveal}

Mike and I are beyond excited to announce that we will be adding a perfect, and most importantly to us HEALTHY, baby girl to our family in September! We are so thrilled for Landon to be a BIG brother & can't wait for that day to come! 

It's a day later and I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that there will be lots of tutus, topknots, and bows in our future! I didn't realize I would be as excited as I am! I really didn't care either way, just wanted a healthy baby, but now that a girl it is, I can't wait!





How far along? 20 weeks + 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: I weighed 121 but I was also wearing some chunky wedge platforms, I would say definitely a over 9 lbs, belly seems much bigger than 4 weeks ago. She is measuring perfectly on track.
Maternity clothes? Some of my skinny jeans/capris from when I was pregnant with Landon, but mostly still wearing the same pants for work {not buttoned and most of the time not zipped....}with longer shirts & wearing my maxi dresses/summer spring dresses the rest of the time. When I'm not in leggings/dance pants at home :)
Stretch marks? No 

Sleep: None. Seriously.

Best moment this week: Finding out about our precious little princess coming in September! My mom picked Landon up from the babysitter on Monday while we went out to celebrate this and Cinco de Mayo and told him he was going to have a baby sister. His response? "Oh no..." 

I got a virgin Strawberry Margarita in honor of the little miss! And of course filled up on chips and salsa before dinner. Why do we not learn our lesson? Those Mexican restaurants, they always suck you in with the darn chips and salsa!




Miss Anything? Of course I missed my  REAL margaritas today on Cinco de Mayo. Could have used a couple of those....like I said I had a virgin one & it was pretty good. Minus the buzz.
Movement: Yes, not consistently, but ALWAYS at about 6-6:30 am this one has a dance party in my belly. She was moving like CRAZY on the sonogram. The tech was saying she couldn't get her to be still for a pic, most of our pics are slightly blurry. 
The tech also asked if we had a name picked out. Mike and I both looked at each other and said "Yes, for a boy...." with big smiles :)
Food cravings: If sweet and sour sauce is wrong then I don't want to be right...
Anything making you queasy or sick: No. I'm over the bug that struck last weekend! Thank you, Zofran!
Gender: I can finally say GIRL! Blessed beyond measure. It just seems perfect, boy then girl :)
Symptoms: Not true pregnancy symptoms. Just tired but that comes with having a nearly 2 year old at home too and not sleeping well. I fell down a mini flight of stairs this past Tuesday {my brother in law thought it was hysterical once he found out I was actually ok....Kind of} I literally thought I was going to die when it happened. I am feeling much better now and not as sore. I did call and speak with the doctor immediately after it happened and they were not the least bit concerned about the baby. "So much cushion, the baby probably didn't even feel it" they said. Well, I did. And it hurt.
Belly Button in or out? Out obviously 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy of course! What is there to not
be happy about? I know this baby in my tummy is doing well, so I can breath a sigh of relief :) 
Looking forward to: Florida at the end of this month for 9 days. 9 whole days of rest and relaxation on the beach. Can't. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment