Monday, September 21, 2015

{harper kate's birthday party}

I had so much fun planning Harper's birthday party! Planning for a girly party is all so much fun! I went with no theme, but if someone were to ask, I would call it Anthropologie/boho/rustic...ish.  It all came together so perfectly and I didn't drive myself crazy planning.  It all just seemed like such a breeze, or maybe I'm just getting used to it!

My dream has always been to have a little blue-eyed blondie with pig tails carrying around a baby doll someday. That dream came true this weekend.

Anyway, here are some pics of her special day.  She was so excited that she became a "walker" that day! She has been walking, but she was walking EVERYWHERE on the day of her party. Teardrops....


Salted caramel shortbread bites.  I thought these would be just perfect, because Harper's birthday is basically fall! The flowers were a little warmer and not so bright. The hues used and the wood cake stand add to the rustic fall feel of the party.You can find the delicious recipe for these here. I still can't believe how easy homemade caramel is to make! Definitely a fall staple!








I made both the big cake and Harper Kate's little smash cake.  I loved making them! It was a fun little challenge!

If you can believe it, I made her cake out of a can of corn.  Corn was gone and stickers off.....obviously. I also found that recipe on Pinterest, here. It is also a naked layer cake! Love the mini version :)










The most exciting thing for me as a mother was to give her her very first baby doll.  It's a Baby Corolle, such a classic and this particular one can go to bathtime with her.  They are somewhat pricey, but she loves her baby already.  She also got the stroller, a fall outfit for her baby & the mealtime set.  I can't wait to see all the love this baby gets.  Landon wanted her to sleep in his room last night....He loves this baby doll too!



This kitchen is very cool, it becomes compact and has a handle on the top to carry it around!


















And my favorite picture that my mom sent me from that day...



Then before she took her nap we had a little mini-photoshoot because I had my good camera out...




  

And this picture was my sign to end the photoshoot and put the birthday girl to sleep :)


And then she slept...

And after naptime, our two babies put together Harper's doll crib/high chair/changing table & my heart almost exploded because we feel so blessed to have these two!





1 comment:

  1. ADORABLE!!! Every single shot. Precious. Your babies are lucky. xoxo

    ReplyDelete