Sunday, October 9, 2011

{fall around our home & mantle reveal}

Two posts in 2 days...what?! I'm gettin' good at this whole blogging thing! The best part of this post is at the bottom...so I'll be ok with you scrolling alllll the way down and then coming back up...just sayin.

My all-time favorite season is here! It's so cozy and the food is hearty and yummy, and the clothes are cute and comfy, and the weather is just perfect!! It's after the extreme heat and before the extreme cold that we get here in Kansas City. And of course, next weekend we get to take our annual family Christmas picture!

In honor of the season, and because we went to get our pumpkins punkins and mums Saturday, I decided to post some fun, festive fall stuff around our home:













Our new window treatment.  Placemats from Pier 1! Such a great idea!




Our newest favorite coffee. 


And I can't forget our beautiful mum! My hubby kindly planted it for me :) It just isn't fall without a mum or two!




Those are just some pics I took of things that remind me of fall....Here is our very simple but oh-so fall mantle for this year.  I like decorating like this because it will transition from the beginning of fall through Halloween to Thanksgiving.  My best friend and I were shopping for pumpkins yesterday and she said something about soaking them in some sort of a bleach mixture and they will last longer.  I didn't have the time but what a great idea! Maybe next year, we will see how long they last........for now I am positively LOVING our fall mantle!






I just love me some FALL! I think everyone does..........

No comments:

Post a Comment