Sunday, June 17, 2012

{37 weeks}


How far along? 37 weeks! FULL term baby! And Happy Father's Day to my daddy (we're going to meet him and my step-mama and step-sister at Buca di Beppo right now!) and of course a Happy FIRST Father's Day to my dear husband.  He's going to be the best dad.  Our son is very lucky to have him as a father....
Total weight gain/loss: Over 20 - Dr.'s appointments are on Tuesdays from here on out, so we always find out for sure on Tuesdays.  Last time I weighed about 138-140.
Maternity clothes? Nope those shorts are tied with a hairband. :)

Stretch marks? nope
Sleep: I sleep well.....kind of. I wake up a lot and find myself struggling to get back to sleep.  I wake up at about 6 every morning now and start cleaning and breakfast.  I'm crazy.
Best moment this week: Being full term and knowing that if I go into labor today that they won't stop it.  It's such an exciting feeling!! Everyone keeps asking me if I'm scared.  I'm not - honestly - I'm so excited for the WHOLE experience! I think it will be amazing!

Also, with my crazy nesting in full effect, the guest bedroom is finally transformed! It used to be mike's "office" which is now in the basement. And we do have guests quite often so we really needed another bedroom.  Exit Mike's office - if that's what you want to call it ;) Love ya babe...., enter guest bedroom.  I finally competed it (for now) today.  At 8 this morning I was spray painting a piece of wood out front....yikes! (Yes, I wore a mask, yes my neighbors think I'm crazy).
Anyway,  here are some pics, I think it turned out pretty well and we will be so glad we have it in those first couple of weeks after baby is here for grandmas to sleep in :) My mama already said - "Oh, I can't wait to sleep in here once he arrives!!" The shelf was a little DIY there were originally going to be two shelves in Baby B's room, but I decided I only liked the one.  Well I had already spray painted the HobLob brackets heirloom white.  So I had to keep them.  I was at Target yesterday and almost bought a shelf then a lightbulb came up above my head and I decided I would use those brackets and the extra wood from the shelf in the baby's room.  That shelf was also DIY. And here are the pics:


Crooked little vase - I swear you can't notice it if you're looking at it!! I also think this picture is slightly crooked...






Miss Anything? Not really. 
Movement: Hiccups - CHECK! This babe has the hiccups at least 3 times a day.  I read somewhere that it may mean the cord is wrapped around his neck (I don't know why I google stuff like that) but when I asked the Doctor they said it is perfectly normal and just baby practicing breathing.
Food cravings: Carbs and grape juice. White grape juice specifically.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No - just brushing my teeth but that's been since the beginning
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: Not yet. 

Symptoms: Some back pain that's typically relieved by the heating pad, sore feet when I went shopping on Saturday.
Belly Button in or out? out!
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: I am so happy! I'm so excited to meet this little man that has been kicking and punching me for 8 months =)
Looking forward to: Doctor's appointment when they start checking for dilation and signs of labor!! Also, Tuesday night we do the pre-admission visit at Liberty Hospital.  I'm excited to get to see the birthing center and all.  I have been there before but I think it will make everything more real. 

In other exciting news:LOOK! MY PEPPERS ARE STARTING TO GROW!! I planted peppers, basil, cilantro and tomato's.  Basil and cilantro are not doing so hot....



No comments:

Post a Comment