Wednesday, October 23, 2013

{Falliday}

Oh Fall, I wish you could just stick around all year long. Instead, you jump right into winter with 30 degree temps last night. It's a good thing we turned on the heat last weekend! That is freezing & flippin' miserable. Not. Ready.

On a brighter note - We have had a Falliday {every day is a Falliday in the Fall - think about it, we get excited in the Fall every day like its a holiday, right? Maybe that's just me.....} this past week with some Crockpot Chicken noodle soup, some Nightmare before Christmas & Hocus Pocus {Landon actually sat still to watch these - he's a man after his own mama's heart}, some snuggling under the heated blanket, some hot apple cider, AND I discovered the yummiest sucker in the world:  Fall, in a sucker, if you will..... Lets talk more about that. After I show you a pretty food pic.......

  Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup Prep


It was at the candy table of the wedding we went to on Saturday. A Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake sucker.  Yes, it exists. I took three of them to be exact and I must order more online here. So so good! 

I almost forgot to mention that our house is on the market! It is so cold outside and although our realtor says people buy all year long, she also said that showings have been few and far between all around, but I figure if its not on the market it definitely won't sell, so we really don't have much to lose if we want to move soon, even if it takes a while. Unfortunately {or fortunately} we have no plans if it sells...except for our parents houses :) looks like that's where we may end up unless something great comes on the market! I feel so blessed to have them close by! 

We have a floorplan we think we like that is the perfect size and style for us. It would take about 6 months to build. The builder is very busy, and won't talk to us until we have a contact on our house. So not much can be done until we are under contract. Waiting game! Will be sad to see this house go when the time comes, and the future owner is one lucky duck.  We put a lot of time and energy to make this house a cozy little home and take a lot of pride in our home. 


I am excited to not have much planned this weekend, except maybe some relaxing, snuggling and movie watching in between making a festive halloween breakfast and snacks for my munchkin {and us} -Pictures to come! Some people dont like food pictures...if you are one of those people, you probably shouldnt be here, because I LOVE THEM! I love food, recipes, and pictures & put all three together, yes, please!  :) 

You can bet your bottom dollar that we will also be watching the {7-0} CHIEFS on Sunday! I now use Sunday afternoons to meal plan for the week and shop, too!

This week we have a list of probably 12 or so items to get for meals for 6 nights! Not bad, and I would say on average we are saving $80-100/week by me meal planning for our family. Not to mention, I am a planner, so it gives me peace of mind to have written down what we will be having, instead of coming home and rifling through what we have to find something. It can be a hot mess of cereal and licorice for dinner if you do it the way I used to. Yikes!  I would highly recommend it to everyone! My husband loves having dinner ready every night. These are some examples of the weeks meal plans - we are always eating fruitaround  here so don't worry about our fruit intake judging from these meals. It's like an apple and banana farm around here! Trust me! 



If you have some staple meals {grilled cheese and tomato soup/chicken salad sandwiches with sweet potato fries/sloppy joes/ baked chicken} you are off to a good start. I also will typically make 1-2 crockpot meals a week where we can take the leftover meals to work the next day. All meals that I choose are simple with not many ingredients. If I look and there are any more than 5-7 ingredients that I have to buy, I say forget it. I'll work with what I have in my pantry. Less food goes to waste and more money in our pocket! {working towards our ultimate family goal which will hopefully happen sometime next year} Cheers to that! If you are interested in some of my meal plans, I would be glad to do a follow up post as I have been doing it for about a month now! 

I hope you guys are all enjoying your FALLidays before the holidays! They're coming {YAY!}

No comments:

Post a Comment