Monday, January 6, 2014

{weekend recap}

My word for the new year is slow.  My goal is to slow down.  I am constantly wishing I could just freeze time.  In the new year,  I am hoping to slow down more and enjoy the little moments.  Sometimes I catch myself feeling as though I could stare at Landon all night, but I have laundry to do, and chores around the house, I need to wash the windows, and vacuum.  Those things do need to be done, but they can wait. If I get the urge to sit there and rock my baby in our jammies and not do a thing, I should give myself the opportunity to do that.  My personality is go-go-go, so that's why my word for this year is SLOW. As in SLOW DOWN....

This weekend I would say we did just that, minus a party we had on Saturday for the Chief's game loss, with about 20 people.  I used my big girl camera a lot this weekend! So proud of myself.  That's what its for to capture special moments.  I love playing with it & getting pics of the time we spend together, so there are lots of pics in this post...Again.

We had to run some errands on Saturday morning before the party, and so we of course stayed mostly in our jammies and headed to the store.  This was my attire that day - and I have to say, the Target striped little girl leggings were a steal at $5.  I'm thinking I may go back for more.....So comfy and I wore them all day long and they didn't stretch out like some normally do.  When we ran our errands, I wore them with my rainboots and when we got home, I switched to my slippers.  I swear these slippers, I wear every single day.


Then Landon watched his daddy salt and shovel the driveway with his pup. 


Proceed to party that started around 2:30, no pics from that because I didn't even have my phone out, just enjoyed seeing and chatting with friends and watching Landon play with his bestie Graham! 

Saturday night, a few girls went out to eat at Zocalo for a friends birthday party {Happy Birthday, Jana!!!}.  It started snowing while we were there pretty bad so we made it an early night, but before we left we just looked outside at the snow, it's seriously so pretty when it snows. I stole this pic from another friends Instagram. Yummy food & drinks and it's always good to have a girls night every now and them.  I'm the only mommy/wife in this pic and of course I missed my baby and hubs!


Saturday morning, was a slooooow morning.  Landon wanted to wake up at 7, and we totally wanted to stay in bed, so you know what that means: nanas and pancakes in bed. I started singing to him and he was thisclose to going back to sleep, but didn't. We eventually got out of bed, but not out of our jammies. 

I made some silver dollar pancakes from Crackerbarrel on the griddle to freeze for Landon, and some for us to eat that morning.  They are THE ABSOLUTE BEST pancakes, a little crispy, and a lot yummy! You must try if you haven't, I think they only sell the mix in their stores, though. 


A weekend is just not a weekend without my special recipe delicioso iced coffee.  

jammies
Landon played then napped, then played some more.  And he ate a TON on Sunday! He's a growing man! Ugh I still cringe when I look at his hair, I tried to cut it and I cut it way too short, so we had to shave it all off......

It will grow back
It will grow back
It will grow back
......



After naptime, we went outside VERY briefly so Landon could have his first snow experience. He cried when we came in but it was just too cold for babies and his little nose was running. But please notice those dreamy baby blues....those will steal some girls heart one day, just like they did his mama's.



After about 10 minutes, we came back in.  Landon threw a fit, because he LOVES being outside and we made some Dunkin' Donuts Hot Cocoa from the Keurig with marshmallows and relaxed in the basement/mancave. 


We literally changed out of our jammies, just to change into new ones before bed.  I absolutely live for days like these, with our whole little family. 

 Before bedtime was our Sunday weekly tradition of TICKLE MONSTER! Landon gets so excited because both mommy and daddy put on a mitt each and he knows he's about to get tickled...a lot. If you have not heard of this book you really should look it up.  It's the cutest thing ever. I mean ever. And it encourages laughing which is always fun :)


Have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment