Thursday, June 12, 2014

{decorating overdrive}

Happy Friday, people! We made it through another week! 

As you can probably guess, planning a big boy room and a little girls nursery and a whole entire house has put my mind in decorating overdrive! So many ideas floating around in my head and the majority of them are DIY! 

As I mentioned in previous posts, my decorating sense has really evolved over the last year and I think it is due to Pinterest and Instagram. Its cool to see all the different styles and I really think I've found my true decorating style. Modern and clean with touches of pretty and color :) I have started a couple of lists mostly for me to keep track of where I'm at and what still needs to be done, because I can't visualize it in the actual rooms just yet.

It is so thrilling to have everything purchased and ready to go and then just put everything in its place when move in time comes! It definetly puts my mind at ease to have everything ready as well. Each of the kids rooms will be a labor of love, and that makes me so over the moon happy! 

Here is a little inspiration board that I created to keep me in check for Landidoodle's BIG boy room! He has started saying "I BIIIG" You are big buddy, and we want you to stay little!


I literally buy those white Target matted frames up above every. single. time. I see one.  Not kidding, I am using 3 in our bedroom over the bed, 2-3 in baby girls bedroom, and 2 in Landon's room.  Yes, that equals 8 and I'll probably get more for the living room and the kitchen too.....I'm officially obsessed! They are only around $16 for an 8x10 matted frame and about $13 for a 5x7, not including the discount I always use.  Normally they are 15% off on the Cartwheel app {which I LOOVE} 

Landon's room- 

Gallery wall:
- DIY Embroidery hoop 'Wild & Free' - working on this weekend - (need embroidery hoop, black thread & needle)
- Compass Print in matted frame 8x10 - check 
- B & W beach photo of Landon in frame 5x7 - need to get printed, have frame
- DIY dipped letter L - need paint

Bed:
- Double bed with black headboard - check
- Bumpers
- White duvet & sheets
- Ikea Lappljung pillow - check
- Ikea Elivoir Throw for end of bed - check
- B & W Spritz Bunting Banner from Target - check

Addt'l items
- Same teal dresser - check
- Same white lamp - check

And here is the girls nursery again in case you forgot {how could you?!}




Little girls nursery:

Gallery Wall:
- All of me print in frame - check
- DIY paint strokes print in frame - check
- DIY poster board heart in frame - will be
completing this weekend
- DIY 'Be' in frame - have materials just need to complete

Bed:
- Landon's old crib - check 
- Gold polka dot crib sheets
- Ikea Elivoir Throw - check 
- DIY Abstract painting for above crib - have all materials just need to find some time to paint :)

Addt'l items:
- DIY lamp (thrift store and spray paint base gold, new lampshade, white)
- New dresser - white
- Landon's rocker - check
- Polka dot pillow - check
- Gold heart pillow 
- Faux Sheepskin rug - check

It looks like so much to do, but a lot is already complete or we already have.  Two very cute rooms, in my opinion!  Next post is our 26 week update and hopefully a 3D pic of baby girls face that we get to see on Monday!

I hope you all have a fab weekend, we are looking forward to picking out our countertops, some pool time and of course celebrating the awesome dads we are blessed with, including my amazing husband :)

No comments:

Post a Comment