Wednesday, August 13, 2014

{34 weeks + 3}












How far along? 34 weeks ya'll! I was in my best friends wedding looking all the part of a hot mess! 34 weeks pregnant, dress didn't fit, hot and swollen, what we thought was a sprained ankle {turned out a fractured in 2 spots ankle}....BUT I made it through! My best friends married and Landon was a successful ring bearer (kind of). I can't wait to share the video! 

Total weight gain/loss: Around 27 lbs. not including my walking boot...

Maternity clothes? My bridesmaid dress was entirely too small but surprisingly I made a few adjustments that made it work! It was a miracle! Who wears a size 0 maternity anyway? Pregnancy Barbie? I can tell you one person who doesn't....me!

Stretch marks? no 


Sleep: has seen better days....I swear pregnancy prepares you for what's to come.

Best moment this week: Our little lady is very busy, heart rate was 155 Monday and she was definetly awake and letting us know about it. I always feel so blessed to hear a healthy heartbeat.



In other news, I hate to dwell on the negative but sometimes these things happen and they suck...let's go ahead and share some of my NOT best moments of the past weeks. First, let's just say you know you're pregnant when the 3 for your husbands 30th birthday balloons blows away and you have a complete sobfest in the parking lot.... That was me. Hence the balloons that don't match...Positive? Everyone had a good time  and didn't even notice ;)






 

Another NOT best moment? Landon and I were getting a card at Target for my stepmothers birthday and then going to meet them for dinner. Landon and I
both fell in the parking lot. He fell on his face, I fell apparently on my ankle...he was absolutely bawling so I was more concerned with his well being than my own. He was fine, had a minor bruise on his cheekbone but not even a scratch! I didn't even know how badly I was hurt until I couldn't get up. Thank goodness a lady had seen the whole thing and helped us back to the car. I drove home shaking and scared because my foot swelled right up. Also thank goodness my brother is an EMT and was there to help me out! He got me all set up on the couch with pillows and ice, and watched Landon until Mike got home. It was awful! I got an X-Ray today, it is fractured not sprained. Cam walker boot for 4-6 weeks & possible surgery after the baby arrives....I have to go to see an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow for the real down low. Upside? Neither of my babies were hurt :)



On a happier less painful note, I got THE cutest headband for my little lady to wear at the hospital this weekend. It's adorable and so teeny tiny! I can't wait to see her in it with the matching monogrammed little gown. Also this week, I bought my children some books that I had been wanting for their library. Aren't they so cute? I love buying books, because I know they are something productive to spend money on. Not like clothes and decor. These things will help is bond as a family and will help them learn. 





 



Miss Anything? Walking normally?




Movement: Yes, mainly in the hip and rib cage area.. Funny moment this week: Baby girl was kicking me right above my hip on Thursday evening. I said "Ouch that hurts" and Landon said "Top it!" Very rudely...he doesn't like to see people upset and his new thing is to say "Top it! {Stop it!}. So I said "No, Landon, mommy can be upset and in pain..." I told him "Tell your sister to stop" he said "Top it, {secret girl first and middle name}!" It was so sweet. I love that he calls her by her first and middle name and that's what we call her too, maybe it will stick? They flow so sweetly together.



Food cravings: macaroni salad, creamed corn, we had Longboards the other night, always so yummy! For anyone who has had Longboards, they know it's delish!



Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really, but my old friend acid reflux is back with a vengeance! Not pleasant. 


Gender: Girl!
 
Symptoms: Acid reflux, back pain. Not pregnancy related, but I'm sure the extra weight just adds to the pain in my ankle!! I am glad to say that I have a certain handsome someone that will carry my 50 pound purse for me...






Belly Button in or out? out

Wedding rings on or off? on


Happy or Moody most of the time: Everytime I see this question I think of the song "Because I'm happy..." Well I am again, despite it being a weird week and breaking my ankle! We are SO close to being in our house, which makes us close to meeting our sweet girl too! But it also makes Landon one month older, which makes us sad :( in the best way possible. My baby is getting so big! I recently did a Landonisms post. It's all the funny and cute things that I don't want to forget about.

At the house, they have painted the trim and molding and our kitchen cabs. They also started painting the walls. Again the color we chose is SW Repose Gray with Alabaster as the trim and cabinet color. They have also painted the outside! They need to add some stone around the door and the lights and the outside of the house will be complete! The outside colors are also SW and are Dovetail Gray, Pure White trim and Black Magic shutters and front door. They also started staining. At this point the floors are not stained but the bannister leading upstairs is {bottom pic}. Today they are pouring the driveway and our back patio, then granite later this week. Really all they will have left after that is carpet and light fixtures. And, of course here are some progress pics from our house . I didn't take a picture of the whole house just for privacy reasons. {Doesn't it get some awesome natural light??}: 























Looking forward to: The next big thing! Closing on our house. Also, it's so surreal that we will be so close to being full term on my next post! Hasn't this been the quickest pregnancy ever??!

No comments:

Post a Comment