Wednesday, August 19, 2015

{the BEST slow-cooker baked potato soup}



Edited: I totally don't know what happened to my original post.  I went to edit the formatting, because for some reason, all the texts are different and it disappeared.  Tear! Such a sad day.  So here is the shortened version of the recipe.

Again, all of my Pinterest recipes can be found here & this particular recipe, which I changed only slightly can be found here!

I made this recipe on a Sunday and if fed us for a couple of days.  I LOVE this recipe & we will be using it from now on as our go-to potato soup recipe! This is a slow-cooker recipe so you just put it in and go :) My kind of recipe.

- 5 lbs. of Russett potatoes (peel but do wash, of course)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt (I didn't have this on hand so I used a homemade mixture of red ground pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, ground black pepper, and salt to equal 1 tbsp)
- 2 block of cream cheese, softened - this won't be used until the end (I used Neufchatel instead, tastes the same and less fat!)

Throw it in the slow-cooker on high (or low) and let it go!

Chase your baby around, tickle your toddler, put your Hunter boots on and help your mom look for her phone on the side of an old county road that flew off the roof of her car on her way over to your house, go to Sonic to get an Ocean Water, do a little online shopping...or just whatever you want... 

At about 6.5 hours, I put my neufchatel cheese on top of the lid of the slow-cooker to soften it. 

After about 6 or 7 hours on high or 10 or so hours on low, take 1/2 the soup and the neufchatel/cream cheese both softened blocks and put them into your blender to mix up and puree.  Re-incorporate that mixture into your soup.  

Now you are ready to eat!

You MUST add bacon, cheese and green onions to top your soup.  We also had some baked french bread, so yummy! 

I hope this post gets you in the mood for fall and soup season, but if it doesn't, this picture that spoke to me and that I pinned on my Halloween board a couple of weeks ago certainly will!!


No comments:

Post a Comment